You want to take care of your loved ones. Supplemental needs disability trusts (also called special needs trusts) help you provide for your loved ones in perpetuity – with honor, dignity, and compassion. At Alabama Family Trust, we strive to provide the families we serve with the highest levels of professionalism, cost efficiency, and trust administration.
As a unique public service created by state law, we shelter and protect assets for persons with disabilities of all ages so the person may achieve or maintain financial eligibility for potential means-tested government benefits. Placing funds in an AFT trust may also help protect the disabled person from financial exploitation or fraud from untrustworthy people.
Advantages to Choosing Alabama Family Trust
- Assurance that Alabama Family Trust operates in accordance with all Social Security Administration and Medicaid regulations
- Additional protection from abuse, exploitation, and mismanagement of assets
- Ability to open a trust with as little as $1,500
- Administrative fees that are lower or comparable to other financial institutions providing trustee services
- Long-term management and investment of trust assets
- Potential to receive benefits from our charitable fund when individual trust assets are depleted
The Alabama Family Trust has a proven track record of having all our trust documents accepted by Social Security Administration and Medicaid. In addition, our assets have grown consistently due to solid management and dedicated leadership.