Attorney Melanie B. Holliman was appointed to serve as the Executive Director in 2014. She served as an advisory board member from 2011-2013 and as a board member for a short time in 2014. For over a decade, Mrs. Holliman has practiced elder law and estate planning law in Northeast and Central Alabama.
She frequently gives presentations to groups regarding long-term care planning and Alabama Family Trust. She also speaks to families with disabled family members on estate planning and the use of supplemental needs trusts. In addition to talking to the public, she speaks to members of the legal and healthcare professions on identifying and assisting clients with disabilities through the use of supplemental needs trusts. Continuing legal education credits are available for professional talks.
Mrs. Holliman is a founding partner of Bradford & Holliman LLC and has been recognized each year as a Top Elder Law Attorney in Birmingham Magazine by her peers since 2015. Likewise, B METRO magazine has named her as a Top Flight Attorney and Top Female Attorney for a number of years. Attorney At Law magazine, North Alabama edition, named her as one of the Attorneys to Watch in 2018.
Melanie B. Holliman is a member of these organizations:
- Huntsville Financial and Estate Planning Council (past board member)
- Elder Law Section of the Alabama State Bar (past president)
- Planning committee for the annual Alabama Elder Law Conference
- Planning committee for the Annual National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys conference (2015)
- Alabama State Bar and the Tennessee Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- American Bar Association