Take some time to carefully read these documents as you consider setting up a trust.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We’ll be happy to help you.
Alabama Family Trust: Our View on Legal Advice
You are not required to have an attorney to establish a trust with us. However, Alabama Family Trust does not provide legal advice. Our staff is happy to assist you in properly completing our trust documents, but our staff cannot tell you what you should do to qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicaid benefits.
We recommend that you seek legal counsel to guide you in properly obtaining SSI and Medicaid benefits.
April 2018 – Alabama Family Trust has selected Warren Averett Asset Management to provide professional money management and investment services effective April 1, 2018. Read more:
Alabama Family Trust Fact Sheet – July 2018
The Investment Options Agreement form below has been updated to reflect the new Warren Averett options.
Investment Options Agreement – Updated April 2018
Note the “NEW!” on several forms
In early 2018, the Alabama Legislature approved Statute SB-17 which was sponsored by Representative Matt Fridy and Senator Cam Ward. The Statute:
- Specifies that the Alabama Family Trust Corporation would take all steps necessary to comply with all rules of the Social Security Administration;
- Deletes provisions providing for a successor life beneficiary and provide for disbursement of the trust upon termination of the trust under certain conditions;
- Specifies that the Alabama Family Trust will not affect appropriations to the Alabama Medicaid Agency;
So, it’s “out with the old, in with the new”
Please discard any older forms that you previously downloaded, and use these new forms from now on.
- Click on the form.
- Type in your information.
- Print your form. Once you close the form, your information will not be saved or recovered in order to preserve the confidentiality of your inf0rmation.
Investment Objectives and Risk Tolerance Questionnaire – New May 2018
Alabama Family Trust Statute SB-17 – January 2018